Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't login in safe mode

• Please log in to reply

jimthecello

jimthecello

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi- I've been trying to work my way down the malware removal list.

I'm at the step were I am running AVG in safe mode- when I get to safe mode, my user icons do not show up and I can't login.

Any ideas?

Also on that list:

I was unable to do the disk clean up step.....it would run and then eventually show a blank desktop on my screen

Thanks for any help

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
can you run AVG in normal mode...if so do it that way...

jimthecello

jimthecello

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks - I ran AVG anti spyware in regualr mode and it wiped out some tracking cookies and downloader agent acl.

I then downloaded and ran superantispyware. In the middle of the scan my computer flashed to a blue screen saying it was protecting the information on my computer.....so then scan did not complete. Should I be concerned about this?

Also my AVG keeps popping up thaty I have a threat called donwlader agent mmh. I've clicked heal each time. Is there amy way to get rid of this?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi jimthecello, can I strongly suggest that you work through the malware instructions as best you can. Write down any errors or difficulties that you encounter (or have already encountered) and then include them when you post in the malware forum. Then your helper can get a better picture of what's happening on your computer.

Good luck :whistling: