Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Connecting to games

• Please log in to reply

coastie44

coastie44

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a linksys wrt54gs router i have been playing games with this router for 2 or 3 months now, all of the sudden i connect fine to a server but when im actually in the game i get connection problem flashing on Call of Duty, and i tried battlefield vietnam, after the game loads and once im in the game my cable modem cycles through its lights gain. but when i leave the game the cycle speeds up and all of them turn back on and i can surf the net like normal.

i started trouble shooting it myself, i uninstalled COD and installed it again and it didnt work, i logged onto the router and renewed my DHCP, it started to work. i go into a server started playing for a bit and punkbuster says i have invalid characters, (everyone on the server has different colors and symbols/letters/number etc. in their names) so i update PB and now its back to square one again with it not working when i connect to a server.

ive narrowed it down to the router or punkbuster. any ideas? thanks for the help.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
its punkpuster:

This is the executable for Punkbusters Client side AUTO UPDATING using WINDOWS Operating Systems:
http://www.evenbalan...loads/pbweb.exe

Be sure to save the pbweb.exe into the home "pb" folder (C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\pb) on your hard drive and then launch PBWEB.exe. If PBWEB is not launched from inside the home "pb" directory/folder, then it will not work.

This is the easiest way to AUTO update Punkbusters from the player/client side. The game server does NOT update ALL of your game files. This way will do that for you!

I would recommend doing this even if your not having problems or if your having 999 problems along with No Packet Flow errors & PB Initialization Failures.

This can take a little while to run........this is typical!

this should solve your issue. also if you never have updated your firmware then I recomend it. I got that same router about 2 months ago and it was still at v1 and they are up to something like v3 now.