Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dr Watson again - far from elementary!

• Please log in to reply

sueandjaffa

sueandjaffa

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Sorry, just realised I should have posted this in a new thread. Here it is again then:

HI all,

Seems I have the same problem. Currently I can not:

Delete any files in My Documents - I get the messages "Windows XP has encountered a problem and has to close." or the DrWatson Post Mortem Debugger thing. Then freezes.

Delete cookies - just completely freezes

Uninstall any programs - get the messages:

An install support file could not be found/Unable to locate installation log file in C:|Program/could not open INSTALL.LOG file

Use System Restore - it goes through the motions but doesn't allow for system restore to actually happen.

This is what I am supposed to paste here next, apparently. Thanks everyone, looking forward to sorting this out.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Removed HJT Log. HJT logs are ONLY allowed in the Malware Forum.

Edited by Fenor, 23 June 2007 - 09:01 AM.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi sueandjaffa!

Please go to the Malware Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in THAT forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then state that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum.

Fenor

sueandjaffa

sueandjaffa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for your quick response.

I followed the steps as far as I was able. However, when I tried to start in safe mode I got an error message, instructions to press ctrl+Alt+del and was taken into the normal Windows screen. When I tried to run AVG Anti-Spyware I got the message to reinstall the programme and was unable to run it.

Am about to do so again. Will report back soonest. Is there something else I should be doing too?

Thankyou,

Sue.

sueandjaffa

sueandjaffa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Okay, followed all those instructions. Am still unable to do the following:

Delete any of My Documents - am still getting the DrWatson PostMortem Debugger error message.

Uninstall the following:

Worms World Party
iMesh
Settlers II
Jungle Legend
Skype 2.0
Knight Mare Demo.

Thanks for all your help and advice thus far.

Sue.

Edited by sueandjaffa, 24 June 2007 - 06:35 AM.

sueandjaffa

sueandjaffa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
This thread is an accidental double posting, please delete. My apologies,

Sue.