Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I want to buy a laptop...

• Please log in to reply

dragues

dragues

• PipPip
  • 74 posts
Hi, I want to buy a laptop... but I don't know which one to buy. I want to buy Dell, some people said is the best one. Is this right? Or is better Hewlett Packard or another one?

Thanx.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I'm not a laptop person but I know whoever comes around to help you will want to know what you will use your laptop for and what your budget is.

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
In general, Dell usually have pretty good laptops at low prices. I have a dell inspiron 6400 myself, and it works great. However, the problem with dell that some people have is that first, the laptops aren't as light as the more expensive ones. Mine is about 5lbs. Also, dells arent as durable as companies like lenovo. Basically, if you drop a dell, it might shatter instantly into a thousand little pieces. But as long as you take care of it well, I'd think it'd be ok.

kidnova

kidnova

• PipPipPip
  • 424 posts
As Titan previously stated, it really depends on your use. For general office use, Dell or HP will work just fine. For gaming, I would suggest looking at Acer, ASUS, or possibly Toshiba. You'll want something with AT LEAST a X1600 or 7600 GO, preferably something better. Of course, the better the computer, the higher the cost so you're probably looking at $2000+ for a top-of-the-line gaming computer. $1200-$1500 for something midrange.