Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003: Blocking images doesn't work

• Please log in to reply

Cerberus_e

Cerberus_e

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
The anti-spam option in Outlook 2003 to block images doesn't work properly.
It works for some legit newsletters. Images aren't downloaded until I press the "download images" button, but some spam mails succeed in bypassing this method and I see images in their e-mails, I don't know how they do it. When I view the source, they're still using IMG.
This is frustrating because it reveals my e-mail address is "active".
Does anyone know how they bypass the "block images" function? If so, can I prevent it in Outlook itself? What do you recommend?

It's very unfortunate, because I managed to keep my new e-mail address free of spam for a good 16 months... but now they found me. I don't know how, my e-mail address appears nowhere on the internet on webpages. I never inserted it into "suspicious" forms. It's probably because of the actions of someone else (for example revealing my address to "manage your friends network" kind of websites, to add me as their friend, I was harassed with many e-mails like "do you accept this friendship?" in the past, I really hate it). This is irrelevant to my question, I was just expanding a bit :whistling: But I wouldn't mind if one of you goes deeper into this "side-subject" though, I find it interesting too.

Advertisements