Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

B1InitialiseLibrary Failure

• Please log in to reply

lpchris85

lpchris85

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
my desktop has started bluescreening on me at random, at first vista found a problem with my video card, so i replaced the card and ran it for approx. 30 minutes, then it bluescreened again. now i cannot boot and get the message "B1Initialiselibrary failed".
if i wait about an hour i can boot up again and idle for 30 minutes, however when i try installing anything or surfing the net it will bluescreen again, with the same results.
i had my local Geek Squad run a diagnostic and one of my RAM chips had actually gone bad, but it was only a small one so it didnt matter too much to me. however the problem still pursists. these blue screens have come out of nowhere. im not sure how to approach this issue, my first inclination is to reload the operating system completely, but if that will not correct the issue i see no reason to.

Advertisements