Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

will a 8800GTS work with a system like this...

• Please log in to reply

shehande

shehande

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi.

If I buy an 8800GTS 350mb Card with a higher PSU (like a 550w), will it be able to play all this latest games with my system specs.

These are the specs - Intel 945 motherboard, Intel 3.4GHZ Dula core, 2GB Ram

These are the games -

Test drive unlimited
SpiderMan 3
Colin Mc rally DIRT
Tomb Raider Anniversary

** Please let me know this to ?

One of my friends has a normal 3.0ghz intel Pentium. With 1gb of ram, 450w power supply,intel 915 motherboard. He wants to buy a card for gaming, his hoping to buy the Gigabyte Radeon x1950 pro 256mb. Is this a good card, I mean will most of the games work? This is the site i checked it on.

http://www.legionhar...ment.php?id=599

Please let me know.

Thanks alot

SHEHAN.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You should be good all around. Those games you listed will be no problem. I the future there will probably be games that bottleneck ya but right now your specs loook good.

As far as your friend goes he will be able to play quite a bit but there are games such as s.t.a.l.k.e.r., GRAW 2, and Dark Missiah of Might and Magic will probably see a performance hit. Your friends system is simular to mine. Your friend PSU may or may not be able to run the x1950 pro.

shehande

shehande

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for replying buddy,

But is the x1950 pro a good card? i mean i have not tried a Radeon product. I always have gone for an Nvidia. so i have no idea about radeon..

Thanks alot

Shehan..

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Yes, it is the best card in its price range. This is comming from a fellow nvidia fan.