Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP only shows in Fuschia and Greyscale as well as being too dark.

• Please log in to reply

NiteCyper

NiteCyper

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Two things, WMP only displays in Purple and Greyscale. Been like that since I got the computer back from the repair shop after it crashed, apparently from overheating. They said I moved a fan and it was not going so it melted. Also, when I click inside FireFox, the small blinking line that shows when you're typing text, appears and it's annoying because then when I am trying to scroll using the arrow keys on the keyboard, it will just head to the bottom of the page. Any ideas?

Edit: http://www.google.ca...e...earch&meta=
http://www.google.ca...lient=firefox-a

Edit 2: I think the name of the blinking line might be, 'insertion point'.

Edited by NiteCyper, 24 June 2007 - 07:14 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
if you click on help in your mozilla browser and under contents, they have a support forum where the experts hang out, :help: just for questions such as yours :blink: :whistling:

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
i dont know what version of wmp your using but whatever it is try reinstalling that version over the top of what you have. in other words if its playing fine... and no other problems other than purple and grey, (which sounds pretty cool btw)then install a fresh copy over it.

NiteCyper

NiteCyper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I hope this works, WMP11 is one helluva large file. I know I have WMP11 because I checked under Help > About WMP.

Edit: Mozilla forums says, I had caret browsing (F7) turned on. Really annoying thing. Hooray! It's finally gone!

Edited by NiteCyper, 24 June 2007 - 04:56 PM.

NiteCyper

NiteCyper

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I neglected to mention that WMP also plays half of my videos too dark. And, I finished downloading the WMP11 installer and here's what happened: 1. I installed it. 2. It played the videos with all their color. 3. It's still too dark, meaning a lot of it looks like crap...still. 4. When I nudge the brightness or contrast or any of those bars, the slightest bit, it all goes to [bleep]. White and black and purple all over again. This SUCKS!

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
ok... theres several things im going to, ask ignore the ones youve done. updated all drivers... direct x your graphics card etc. make sure your using the latest codecs wmp 9 codecs will not work for 11. im assuming your getting no error messages just crappy video.in your players options> under performance on the advanced tab uncheck the video mixing renderer.