Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphical errors + crashing

• Please log in to reply

RedStorm

RedStorm

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi,

Ever since i got my new power supply all my 3d games seem to be getting graphical errors starting with artifacts showing up on in game units that will either get drastically worse so the game is unplayable, the game will go to a black screen and crash with this error http://i89.photobuck...69/CNCissue.jpg
Or (when i updated my graphics drivers) my video card will crash and ill have to reboot.

This problem can happen 2 minutes into the game to 2 hours.....

Also when i checked my directx (and updated it) i get this error when i go to test direct 3D

Direct3D 7 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)
Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086a (3D not available)

i have a geforce 6600gt with 6.14.0010.7730 driver

Advertisements

RedStorm

RedStorm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Apparently it seems the driver i tried installing before was corrupted... new driver is installed and everything is working again

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Thank you for taking the time to post back on how you resolved your problem.

Ron