Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dvd playback but no audio

• Please log in to reply

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Ok, i recently wanted to watch a dvd on my laptop, but when i open up windows media player or nero showtime 3 to watch a dvd, I get video but no sound. This problem is very recent becuase just a couple of weeks ago i was able to watch dvd's with perfect audio. Can someone please help me solve this problem. Thank you

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
are you getting sound from other sources (windows sounds, mp3's)? Have you tried updating your sound drivers?

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Is this a dvd that you played in the past or a new one? There are always new codecs so that you need to update every now and then.
If the answer to starjax is yes then try and down load a codec pack.
The other week my parents had a similar problem and here is a link to the codec pack that I installed for them.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Yes, i am getting sound from mp3s and other files. I can watch videos that are saved on my hard drive with audio, but when i try to play a dvd i do not get any audio. This is a dvd i have been able to watch in the past, and i have also tried new ones, but none of them work.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Vally, you did not leave me a link...

Edited by aquevedo831, 02 July 2007 - 10:39 AM.

vally

vally

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
Sorry about that.

Here it is
Here is another one almost the same.

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Do you have a codec pack installed? If you do, try updating it. If not, I would download and install K-Lite Codec Pack Standard and see if that does it for you.

Edited by ClickRight, 02 July 2007 - 08:15 PM.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I am downloading the codec pack. I will reply once i get it installed and check to see if it worked. thank you

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I can play dvd's now with the media player classic that was installed with the codecs, but i cant get my Nero Showtime 3 to play the dvd's with audio....does anyone have any suggestions on that?

ClickRight

ClickRight

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Well I can say that if Media Player Classic can play them, so should the full blown Windows Media Player. As for Nero Showtime, you may want to use these plugins, but I'm not familiar with that program at all so I'm not too sure if that'll get you anywhere.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
you also may just need to update nere with the latest patches. http://nero.com/

It also would be very helpful if you could provide what version of nero showtime and media player you are using. Current version of ShowTime 2 is 3.1.0.25.

aquevedo831

aquevedo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I am using nero 7 ultra edition, and my nero showtime version is 3.5.3.2