Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound in .avi Movie

• Please log in to reply

pccromeo

pccromeo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I downloaded a video in .avi format and there's not sound in QuickTime or RealPlayer! It plays perfectly with sound in VLC Player. There's also no sound if I try burning it in iDVD. I've converted it using DivX Converter but still no sound.

Picture_5.png

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Yes, we've got ideas. VLC player has it's own codecs, which are pretty nearly complete. You are probably missing some of the codecs for the other players. You might try finding out what codecs are needed, for Windows there is a handy application called GSpot, I don't know what Mac would use.

pccromeo

pccromeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Yeah I figured it must be some sort of missing codec, but there are just so many I really don't want to install all of them. I can't get it to play at all on my PC so I'll try running GSpot on it and seeing if it can give me any info. Thanks!

pccromeo

pccromeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
Thank you so much! It worked! Turns out all I needed was the "A52Codec". Thanks again!!!!

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're very welcome and thanks for letting us know we helped.