Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Laptop will not power up

• Please log in to reply

wvleather

wvleather

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a HP Laptop and can not get it to power on or up. Ive checked the battery and its ok as well as the adapter is ok. Ive changed the button board as I thought the power button was broken, but Im still not getting anything. I do get a light on the front when its plugged in but no power. Help please.

Attached Thumbnails

• IM001282.JPG

Edited by wvleather, 24 June 2007 - 06:32 PM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi wvleather, welcome to Geeks to Go!

Sorry for the wait, are you still having this problem? If so, can you hear your computer running like normal when you press the power button and just not see anything on the screen, or is it just completely dead?

By the way, I'm not so sure about that picture you've posted, is that supposed to be your computer? It looks like a bag to me, a very fancy one, but not very helpful for us to fix your computer!

wvleather

wvleather

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
size="3"][/size]Thanks for the reply, well it was doing nothing then yesterday I pushed the power button and it started up but when I turned it of it would not come back on. No power no runnin nothing. Its a HP Pavilion xt155 and Im not sure whats going on with it.

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
shut down, pull the plug, remove battery

hold the power button in for 30 seconds

leave the battery out

plug in and try to boot up

anything?

mrpfinny

mrpfinny

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi - I also have a HP laptop notebook that wouldn't power up and I tried what you suggested to the other fellow and it worked.
After pulling out the battery, pulling out the power plug and holding the power on button for 30 seconds, i replaced the power cord and the unit turned on.....now can you tell me what that means?
is that a specific symptom of something ?

Thanks for the help