Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Explorer.exe Problems

• Please log in to reply

Spartxx

Spartxx

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Libary

Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

My windows starts up normal, sometimes it shows my task bar starting up, and sometimes have to manually do by ctrl+alt+del > New task. Then once it does come up I get that error. I've tried every checker thing possible to search through my system, and yet nothing is wrong with it. I'm getting tired of this error popping up and was wondering if anyone could help me through this process, if I'm in the wrong forum, either move this topic or something, I'm quite new to this site, and want to use it in the future.

Any help would be great.

-Spartxx

Edited by Spartxx, 24 June 2007 - 10:46 PM.

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Have you installed any new software or hardware that might be causing data to be written into Explorer's memory allotment? Do you have any reason to suspect you have malware on your system?

Spartxx

Spartxx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have StyleXp, a program that has to deal with the looks of it, but i always had it before and never bothered, i don't know any other applications that i may have installed back then, none that i can think of. I'm 99% sure i don't have any malware, I have done every malware remover possible, i believe.