Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hardrive not registerig

• Please log in to reply

Reidus

Reidus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
i recently moved my computer from one house to another only for the hard drive to no longer be picked up by my motherboard I THINK - its a Sata segate 200gig - when booting it brings up the message DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER - but my hardrive is connected properly - it picks up on other compuers as i placed it into another setup and it worked fine though i havent tried installing a different hardrive on the system thats not working any help is much appreciated

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
If it picks up on other computers make sure the connectors are well seated both on the motherboard and the hard drive. If the drive is good there isn't much else that can be wrong.

Reidus

Reidus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well thats what i thought and i know it works in other systems as i tried it the night it went awal though it doesnt seem to work - i tried installing an ancient windows 98 ide hd i found and that worked fine apart from sum problem with a config file which is prolly why i dont use it anymore but it seems to be that its not picking it up at all - although i will try using a different sata hd to see if that works if not - could it be the motherboard ports are dead? i cant see how though its a brand new quad core capable intel mobo.....