Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Black Screen..but can still control the mouse and open programs.

• Please log in to reply

Spectre

Spectre

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Alright, so i have no idea whats going on. When i start my computer, it will start up. When you get the screen where you log into your account, the screen is black. I can still see the pointer, and i can still click my account and log in, but i still cant see anything. And from there, i can still open programs but i cant see anything, except the pointer.

Also, i can open, and get everything to work in Safe Mode, so its not the monitor. Maybe a virus? But some help would be nice.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Boot into sfae mode and re-install the video driver for your graphics card. Then reboot.