Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HD prob?

• Please log in to reply

Xerious

Xerious

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I just upgraded my system from an A8N32-SLI deluxe and Athlon 64X2 4400+ to a M2N32-SLI premium and now when I reboot I get:
Invalid system disk
Replace the disk, and then press any key

I have checked and have no disks in my system and have even tried an old HD in place of my current HD. I have followed the troubleshooting on the Maxtor HD website and found no fix. Can anyone give me some hints on what I can do about this?

HD is a maxtor 250GB HD ATA-133.

Edited by Xerious, 26 June 2007 - 04:23 AM.

Advertisements

Xerious

Xerious

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bump

All I'm looking for is possible solutions including formatting my hard drive or anything to that effect which may help.

trentdk

trentdk

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Gotta put it out there: Did you make sure that the BIOS is trying to boot from the HDD? Try putting the HDD first in the boot priority.

If both hard drives give that error, then I assume its something wrong with that mobo... must likely some sort of setting. That mobo will have tons of SATA on it, try disabling SATA so its forced to do IDE

Xerious

Xerious

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Gotta put it out there: Did you make sure that the BIOS is trying to boot from the HDD? Try putting the HDD first in the boot priority.

If both hard drives give that error, then I assume its something wrong with that mobo... must likely some sort of setting. That mobo will have tons of SATA on it, try disabling SATA so its forced to do IDE

The original setting was to check removable media (ie floppy), then the hdd and finally the CD. Thankfully while looking thru the boot up section of my BIOS I found my comp trying to use some other HDD that doesn't exist on the system (ASAP PMAP). My system fully booted and I had a drive F: ASAP that my computer gave me permission to remove. Gonna look throughmy BIOS again and see if it's listed there and disable it if it is.

Thanx Trentdk you are truly a geek (the good kind)
Only posting my solution in case anyone else has this problem. :whistling:

trentdk

trentdk

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Glad it worked!!