Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow computer after fixing blue screen of death

• Please log in to reply

klam333

klam333

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an HP Pavilion desktop, with McAfee security. Computer crashed and I had it reformatted with XP home and upgraded memory. Still hasn't acted right and suddenly I got the BSOD. Managed to get that fixed, but now it's like having dial up. It is sooo slow. Have run free Norton virus scan as well as McAfee and find nothing more than a few cookies. Tried defrag, says I don't need to. Cleaned up temp, cache, history and cookies. What else can I do?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi klam333, welcome to Geeks to Go! Sounds like a bit of a problem there, I strongly suggest you head over to the malware forum and they can have a look-see and clean you up. If your problem is malware related, then we'll just be wasting time trying other options first. If your problem still continues after the malware forum says you are clean, then come back to this thread and we'll continue with some other options.

Please complete all instructions in this link, and at the end you can post a log in this forum. Everything is explained on the instructions link I provided.

Cheers! :whistling: