Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Time Lapse Video of PC Being Built

• Please log in to reply

trentdk

trentdk

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I was building a comp to test out what a budget machine on the AMD brisbane core could do, and decided I was going to video tape the build process and fast forward it into a 2min time lapsed video. Turned out kinda neat:

http://www.ubrgk.com/ubrgk00001.php - First video on that page. (at the bottom are videos of it playing games)

And before anyone says: I wasn't wearing a static band (haha), but my leg was grounded the whole time :whistling:

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Agreed it does look good, I have one suggestion though for your site. I highly recommend that you post the settings at which you achieved those scores(FPS for the games), because they can be misleading if someone thought they'd get those scores with ultra settings, build then get less then half of that.
James

trentdk

trentdk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
That is some sound advice. I'll have to work that in tomorrow morning (planning on doing some interface updates to it anyway).

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Glade you like it :whistling:
It looks good.
James

Edited by james_8970, 26 June 2007 - 11:02 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you do another one in the future take everything out the packaging first and slow up when you show the parts for the first time it will look better and make for a quicker build i usually have everything laid out to hand before a build(im a fast builder). Dont get why you removed the thermal paste that comes with the CPU its as good as anything you can buy better because of how they apply it not much point using the stock HSF then using after market conductor.

trentdk

trentdk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Actually, that film of paste they applied to the stock heat sink was poorly done. I can see it working well otherwise, but there was a long "scratch" strait down the middle (middle on that chip being the most important obviously, and I wasn't me when pulling it out). Scratch or no scratch, I always clean the heat sink and surface of the processor before installing, (OCD? maybe..) Knowing that I applied some arctic silver, correctly on some clean surfaces, just makes me feel better :whistling:.

I like the idea of having everything out on the table to start with, all the color and lines would look really good :blink: Then you could watch as they all disappear, lol.