Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Files Resorting Themselves by Reverse Date Mod

• Please log in to reply

amika

amika

• Pip
  • 9 posts
The files on my computer, and all the files I view FROM my computer are resorted in reverse by date modified. Sounds strange, right? Here's the catch... only when I view them from a program. If I go into a windows browser and look up the same file... it's sorted by name like it should be. I have tried rebooting many times, I have tried resorting them from every program and from browsing. I have no idea what to do next!

Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks!
-Amika

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which program is it? Some will insist on ordering files in a certain order.

amika

amika

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Neil-

I wish it were as simple as the settings on one program... but alas, it's any and all I use. I work for a sign shop and I see probably 50 jobs a day, and switch between about 6 programs all running at the same time.

At most times I have running...
SignLab 6
Adobe Illustrator CS2
Adobe PhotoShop CS2
Corel Draw 11
Outlook
Mozilla
AIM Lite
iTunes

Thanks again for any help.
-Amika