I have allready gone to the control panel and the regional and languages options and added East Asian Languages. I clicked on ok. There was no prompt for me to insert any XP dics. I restared the computer. No change.
I wnet in to the same Language Regional options into the Languages and details and added Chinese as a Language and set up the settings for the keyboard. Restarted the computer no change.
I thought perhaps I did not have the language bar on. I follwed all the following steps.
To turn on the Language bar, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options.
3. Click Regional and Language Options.
4. Click the Languages tab, and then click Details.
5. On the Settings tab, click Language Bar.
6. Click to select the Show the Language bar on the desktop check box, and then click OK.
7. Click OK to close the Text Services and Input Languages dialog box.
I am stuck. I don't get why my computer can read the Chinese characters but I can't write them. I am running an E machines. Is it possible when they preinstalled XP that they just installed the fonts for the characters but not the ability to write them?
What gives? any ideas on what to do? I don't have the XP disks, so I can't reinstall it. It was pre-installed and came with the computer. Can I get a patch or a download of the files I need. I've called Microsoft and tey weren't helpful. I could not find anything that worked to be able to download on their website. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks