Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVDs not recognized..but CDs are.

• Please log in to reply

BIG_G

BIG_G

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I recently tried to watch a DVD on my computer as I always do with no problems but this time I get an error saying to please insert a DvD!

Ive tried multiple Dvds..so I know its not the Dvd I was using. I tried uninstalling the drivers but that did nothing. Its weird becuase CDs are recognized.

So if anyone can help me out on what to do...plz do so.

Advertisements

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Maybe there is a firmware update that you can try. Also, when you said u uninstalled the drivers, does that mean u also uninstalled the hardware and tried letting windows recognize it again? Let's hope your DVD laser lens isnt broken.

*Whats the model of your DVD/CD drive

Edited by Compnoobie, 26 June 2007 - 02:52 PM.

BIG_G

BIG_G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I updated the firmware. And I went to device manager and clicked uninstall..but it just came back when I rebooted..and it didnt say anything about it being gone...Im not really sure how to properly un install it.

Model-

JLMS DVD-ROM XJ-HD 166 DD06 (it went from DD05 to DD06 becuase of update)

Compnoobie

Compnoobie

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
If you feel comfortable, try opening your Computer case, and make sure the IDE cable (the grey one going to ur dvd drive) is firmly attached, and if so, u can try reattaching it. The problem could also be that the laser is kind of dirty.

BIG_G

BIG_G

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ya im defiantly comfortable opening my computer..I tried it checked the wires and everlastings hooked up right.