Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bet ya never heard of this

• Please log in to reply

growch

growch

• Pip
  • 2 posts
well i did it good. In the process of resetting up a home network with 2 added computers for the kids and trying to set security policies on folders I set the c drive to private. At some point I rebooted the computer, or rather tried. I get the cant find auto check error and it just tries to boot endlessly.

I cannot access C: from the recovery console, such as copying reg files to it. I get access denied.
FIXMBR and FIXBOOT didn't work
I can't boot to safe mode
also stuck it in another computer as a slave and ... yep Access DENIED!
I have tried reinstalling windows but I'm guessing it won't let me

I can't believe microsoft is so stupid to let you lock yourself out of your own computer there has to be a way to at least copy off the files,... but then again, it is Microsoft.

God any help would be appreciated.

I'm running XP PRO SP2

Edited by growch, 26 June 2007 - 03:47 PM.

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
dag gum programmers at microsoft programming such a thing, knowing were gonna get in there and tweek and geek and lock ourselves right out of our own computer. bet they were laughing with every keystroke. im going to take a wild guess and say put in your win xp pro cd in ( if your allowed) :blink: and wipe the drive clean and start over. oh i would bet its been done before, im thinking your the first one to ever admit it..... :whistling:

Edited by krmooo, 26 June 2007 - 11:03 PM.

growch

growch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ha! Thought of that too. I was trying to do this without losing data! Abd yes those programmers have a long way to go before they start building good software. MS is riddled with millions of glitches. Thanks.