Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot get through anti-spyware scan

• Please log in to reply

jimthecello

jimthecello

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi- I've been trying to get through the malware removal list for about a week. My computer is slightly better, but it is obvious things are still not right. (Very slow, shuts of programs on and off, etc)

I have downloaded AVG anti-spyware, but I am unable to get through a complete scan. In the middle of the scan, the program stops. Then my desktop reboots. I have been getting the error message:

Something bad happened in the application. Error diagnostic file saved to: c:\Program files\Grisoft\AvgAnti-Spyware7.5\avgas.err

Then another pop-up: The system has recovered from a serious error.

HELP!

Thanks

Advertisements

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
have you tried running the program in safe mode? there was a "glitch in trying to run avg in safe mode but they have released a patch for that. try running it in safe mode if it doesnt run go here for the patchpatch

jimthecello

jimthecello

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks for the help, but I can't login when i am in safe mode. My user icon does not show up.

Any ideas?

krmooo

krmooo

• PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
admin at welcome screen im looking for a way to run your spyware from the command prompt at the safe mode screen try this from kellys corner.

Edited by krmooo, 27 June 2007 - 02:29 PM.