Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet only works in "safe mode"

• Please log in to reply

fusikm

fusikm

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
HELLO GTG,

i recently had a malware/virus problem (winantivirus) but we pretty much cleaned that all up in the malware security forum. the only problem im having now is my internet will not upload when im running in normal mode. it works just fine when im in safe mode though. if anybody can help me or lead me in the right direction id greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Fordlover

Fordlover

• Pip
  • 2 posts
when in normal mode go START>RUN> type in MSCONFIG

click selective start up, uncheck load start up items, then click the tab for the start up ITEMS and check only the ones you want loaded then save and exit and restart the machine when it restarts it'll ask you something and system configure blah blah blah, just check the box and hit ok then try it out

prolly wouldn't hurt to goto run and type in "sfc /scannow"
if it asks for a cd it will want the xp disk