Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE explorer won't connect. only AIM connects

• Please log in to reply

ernso705

ernso705

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
For the past week I haven't been able to connect to the internet with anything other than AOL AIM. I have dial up and do get a connection, the IE explorer seems to be loading but but at the last minute the load fail. The status bar says web site found, connecting, then nothing. I have even went to tools, internet options, programs and go to reset internet options and I get an error message of "cannot reset settings" the problem started, I think, when I moved the outlet and the computer turned off, I guess because the plug was a little loose. The computer has shut off like that before but this time I got this weired internet connection problem. Anyone got any ideas??? I tried using a different number to get a connection, created a new connection, nothing helped.

Edited by ernso705, 27 June 2007 - 09:50 AM.

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi ernso705. Would you please tell us what the problem was and how you solved it? It might be helpful for someone in the future.