Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mouse Problem with GTA San Andreas

• Please log in to reply

dllp117

dllp117

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
I have an extremely odd situation with my mouse and GTA: San Andreas-My left/right mouse buttons and the mouse wheel will not work ingame, nor on the menu. I can move the pointer as normal (in the menu), but I cannot fire (a.k.a left mouse button) use crosshairs (a.k.a right mouse button) or select a weapon (a.k.a mouse wheel). Most annoying of all, I cannot move the camera-though I can move the pointer in the menu, I cannot move the camera (a.k.a moving the pointer) ingame. As I mentioned above, this is present in only ingame and the games menu-the second I exit out of SA, I can click and scroll as usual. I've checked all the game options; nothing there seems to be causing the problem, and I've tried three different mice-so far, this has baffled me. I would greatly appreciate any help/info on this problem that will help solve it, as this problem has rendered the game unplayable! Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Tal

Tal

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,138 posts
Try reinstalling it, backup the saved files.

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
okay, i'll try that. I should also add that, if I pause the game and go to the menu, then click on any one of the selections (return to game, map, exit to windows, etc.) though it will have no effect on the menu, when I go back to my game, a am now able to use my mouse, until I go back into the menu. I hope that wasn't to confusing...

dllp117

dllp117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Reinstalling the game didn't help either...this is such a weird problem I'm starting to think that maybe my copy of GTA is bad...

MaverickSidewinder

MaverickSidewinder

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
I have that problem...if it doesn't work just keep moving it and go to the menu and the press ESC to go back to the game...works for me...