Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ethernet/wLan driver corruption

• Please log in to reply

beavervalleymall

beavervalleymall

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, first post..hope you guys can help in some way. My girlfriend's computer is constantly filled with viruses/spyware (her brother uses it for pr0n). I believe I have rid the machine of mostly if not all of them, but now there is a problem with her networking. In device manager, everything network-related (10 or 12 listings) have the yellow symbol. The details for each confirm that the driver is corrupted. I tried winsock reset, it did nothing. I can't uninstall or update the drivers for anything. I tried everything in safe mode also. Any ideas? Possibly (I think there's a way to do this) disable the device drivers using Windows Recovery Console..would that be any help?

alan

Advertisements

beavervalleymall

beavervalleymall

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
bump?