Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I need a silent 30mm-40mm system fan... Do You Know Where To Buy IT?

• Please log in to reply

superstar

superstar

• PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
I just bought this system fan for my new Nintendo Wii:

http://www.futuresho...i...6694&catid=

Posted Image

I have a problem with it, and that is the fact that it is loud as heck!! I dunno what the heck they thought when they made it. Well I just wanted to know if anyone knows where I can buy a silent fan that measures 30mm to 40mm???

I want to desolder the fan in this and solder a new silent one. If so is there anything I should worry about when doing this modification? Such as wattage power or something...

Thanks

Advertisements

Yellowleader

Yellowleader

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Well, your number 1 problem is that your bought a Wii to begin with ... :whistling: lol j/k

but since we are in the ballpark, always go try newegg. They are a very good source for good qaulity for cheap, or OEM. You might wanna take a look at Thermatake, but I am not sure if they make small enough fans....

Just go to Newegg, type in computer fans, select your size, and look at reviews as to how quiet they are and such :blink:

Case fans search: http://www.newegg.co...;name=Case Fans

peace,
Matt

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
Hey thanks for the advice... I looked there and found some great stuff. I made a choice as to the 40mm replacement fan I want to use which is this one:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835191002

My question is...

Can this be switched with the fan in the intec wii cooler I bought? I ask for electrical purposes which I don't know much about. Put it this way... Read the specs of the replacement fan I chose and than compare them with the fan specs on the wii fan cooler.

Intec Wii Fan Cooler Specs: [this is what it says on the round sticker of the fan]

- SLEEVE BEARING
- DC05V
- 0.21A
- & of course it's 40mm by my measurements

Please compare all the electrical stuff because I do not know. I basically don't want to desolder the fan in the wii intec cooler and than solder the silent new one I'll buy and find out the my nintendo wii breaks down of a electrical failure or something. I just want to match the specs of both fans to know it will work 100%. But I know nothing about electrical stuff when it comes to fans. I don't want the new fan to over exceed the requirements. I guess under achieving the requirements is ok. I dunno.