Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Buffer Issue

• Please log in to reply

djbboy

djbboy

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi there guys i seem to be having an issue now when burning with any program. It gets to about 40% in nero and the buffer starts jumping all over the place and it ends up resulting in a error and a nice drink coaster. I have tried everything to my knowledge to try to fix it, the DMA issue and what not, and uninstall, reinstall, disable and remove drive and so forth..

I can burn CDs with no issue at all, but i cannot burn dvds, all im trying to do is burn a dvd for data so i can make room for more stuff.. Does anyone know anything i can try to fix this issue.

I have the latest firmware for my drive which is the first thing i checked, have no seen this issue on the net with my drive so i dont think its that as it is a brand spanker and worked 100% for awhile when i got it.. Any help would be great, thanks guys..

DJBBOY

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I have a new (jan. 2007) Samsung DVD drive that works great except for burning dvd's. Does the same thing. The burner is 16x and the media I have is 2x speed rated. Media is not compatible with the burner.

Two questions. What DVD do you have and what media are you using?

djbboy

djbboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a new LG burner and i use princo as my media.. The same thing was happening with my old burner aswell i for the life of me cant remember the brand of it.. But yeah each time i go to burn a dvd, it works fine up until about 40% and then the buffer jumps down to 0 then back to 100 then all over the place until it eventually ends up failing.. Tried that freeware burner aswell, and the same kinda thing happens, gets to like 50% but then stops, i left it for about 45mins and it was still on 50%. Strange..

DJBBOY

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would try different media. Something you know is high quality.

djbboy

djbboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
any suggestions?

DJBBOY

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I've always had good luck with Verbatimm, 3m, and TDK.

djbboy

djbboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yeah i never have had any issues with Princo, they have been good for me for soooo long which is what i didnt get.. I guess i will get some other discs and see how i go.. Will let u know. Thanks for the help though appreciate it..

DJBBOY

djbboy

djbboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
bought a pack of Verbatimm today, and exactly the same issue, got to about 39% and the User Read Buffer just drops and eventually it stops at 47% and burn fails..

Any ideas ?

DJBBOY

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
try and record at 2x and see if the results change.

If you still have problems and changing media didn't help, and it occurs with different media apps (make sure you have updated nere to the latest version)....then you may have a faulty burner.

djbboy

djbboy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
yeah tried burning it at 2x but same thing again.. Gets to 40% then drops.. Its gotta be something to do with my pc cause this is why i bought a new burner, cause it was doing this. The new burner did exactly the same thing when i installed it so i reformatted. Solved the problem, until now.. Bugggin the [bleep] outta me though..

DJBBOY