Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Distorted fonts

• Please log in to reply

adai2020

adai2020

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hi

I was browsing through my outlook mailbox, and suddenly all the fonts on my screen became bigger and changed font format.Then i realised all the fonts from the startup page to welcome page to desktop to internet explorer page have changed and are of different sizes from the initial(default) settings of my computer.I managed to change back the font size to smaller version for my internet explorer by going to the "View" and then the "Text size" and change it to medium. Then i did the following:

Right click on desktop
Go to properties
Go to appearance
Set the font size to normal

But still the fonts on my desktop, welcome page, start menu,taskbar, start up page and title bars of windows were of different sizes and fonts from the default settings.

then i conuted from the top to do the following

Went to advanced
Manually changed the font sizes for the various "Items" listed under advanced appearance

Now somehow everything looks in acceptable sizes and fonts but my startup pages which displays "Thinkpad Lenovo" and "Windows XP" still have BIG fonts.

I want all the settings for all the fonts back to its default because after i did all this manual changes, the appearance of the fonts are not very nice.

Please help me return all the fonts displayed by my computer back to its default settings

Thank you.

Edited by adai2020, 27 June 2007 - 02:14 AM.

Advertisements