Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Illustrator Files Corrupting

• Please log in to reply

amika

amika

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I work at a sign shop and we see about 50 jobs go through my office a day. I have to output the files from SignLab 6 (as a .AI file) to the desktop, and then open the file in Adobe Illustrator. Well after using the same file for a few days it will corrupt, and I cannot save over it, edit it, open it to view or even delete it! This doesn't happen to any of my other AI files, and doesn't happen to any other file types I save to my desktop.

Any ideas?

Our Tech Guys said to start up in Safe Mode and just delete them then but that didn't work either. Or perhaps I didn't know what I was doing....

:whistling:

Any help would be greatly appreciated, my desktop looks like the sky on the 4th of July!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
To delete those files I would recommend using Pocket Killbox. See http://www.bleepingc...les/killbox.php for more info. Please let me know if you have any questions.

amika

amika

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I downloaded that program but it keeps locking up. Going to try it again in the morning...

Will let you know results.

Thanks!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
Sorry, it took me a while to find the instructions.....

1) Please download the Killbox.
Unzip it to the desktop but do NOT run it yet.

2) Then please reboot into Safe Mode by restarting your computer and pressing F8 as your computer is booting up. Then select the Safe Mode option.

3) Once in Safe Mode, please run Killbox.

4) Select "Delete on Reboot".

5)enter the full path to the files you would like to delete. You might want to do this for each file individually. For individual files you can drag and drop from desktop to Killbox. You can also make a text file for all the file names/paths. Copy the contents of the text file and select "paste from clipboard" option under killbox tools.

6) repeat step five for all files

7) Click the red-and-white "Delete File" button. Click "Yes" at the Delete on Reboot prompt. Click "No" at the Pending Operations prompt.

If you receive a message such as: "Component 'MsComCtl.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid." when trying to run Killbox, click here to download and run missingfilesetup.exe. Then try Killbox again..

Let the system reboot.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Edited by starjax, 28 June 2007 - 02:59 AM.

amika

amika

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
That worked beautifully!

However I did have it lock up, and run extremely slow still. Not sure if thats the norm or not.... but it did work for me, just took a while.

Thanks for the help :whistling:
-Amika