Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Making Forum

• Please log in to reply

WizMaster

WizMaster

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hello,

I am planning to make a class forum for my class.But due to budget wise we have 0.so looking for a good and simple to use forum.

Any suggestion?

Advertisements

BirdieUK

BirdieUK

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
phpbb2
mybb

These are common, free, forums that are easy to use IMO.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts
PunBB is what I would recommend... CSS compliant, doesn't use tables and is lightweight and easy to install and use... and yes, it's free...

BirdieUK

BirdieUK

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

PunBB is what I would recommend... CSS compliant, doesn't use tables and is lightweight and easy to install and use... and yes, it's free...

Very secure too thinking about it. Isn't as popular as other forums so support, plugins, themes, etc. aren't as available.

Edited by BirdieUK, 28 June 2007 - 08:34 AM.

thenotch

thenotch

• Retired Staff
  • 668 posts

Very secure too thinking about it. Isn't as popular as other forums so support, plugins, themes, etc. aren't as available.

Actually it has about the same amount of support as many of the others (obviously not like vB, phpBB2, IPB, etc) but that is part of the beauty of it. It's so easy to build a website around the forum by using the template and CSS. Forget themes... you make the site look like YOU want it to look.

They actually have quite a few plugins and code hacks to make the site run the way you want. Thats what I like about it. YOU have control of the software.