1. reboot machine
2. Goes through the Dell splash screen
3. Goes to the black windows xp screen with the moving bar at the bottom (1-2 mins)
4. Goes to a blue screen with a win xp log, and the words "Please Wait.........." (1-3 mins)
5. Goes to a screen the color of my deskop..blank otherwise (30sec-1 min)
6. Goes to my login box
7. I type id and pass, and hit ok
8. Goes to the screen the color of my desktop again. blank other than the mouse cursor, which I can move around, so its not frooze up. (normally 10 mins)
9. Eventually starts loading the icons and such. (2-5 mins)
I have a P4 with 2 gigs of ram and plenty of hard drive space...something is not right with this.
Also, I am having another issue that seem to be connected with the wmpnetwk.exe process. Like my IE browser will not connect to the internet at times, and Outlook says it can not connect to the mail server, and also all of my email address are missing from the send&receive section. When I go to task mgr and kill wmpnetwk.exe, everything works again fine, but then that process automatically starts back up and causes the issues again. Im a little lost on this..
I have had one of your malware guys check it out, and they have cleared it. The post for that is at: http://www.geekstogo...ms-t161693.html
Any ideas? Thanks for your help!