Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Poker software wont work

• Please log in to reply

jmg123

jmg123

• Pip
  • 9 posts
HI,

I have had one or two problems in the past related to spyware and you guys have really helped..i wonder if you can help me with another problem i have encountered...

..I have been using online poker programs quite regularly (specifically World Poker Exchange and Titan Poker), went away last week and came back to find that neither would work. Having contacted the relevant support teams they have said check your firewall, as they have no records of any type of login attempt since I previously managed to log on successfully.

I use McAfee personal firewall plus, and the poker programs are both 'Allowed full access', according to the program.

Extra (more detailed) Info..

When I attempt a login the program seems to freeze, giving a 'Not Responding' in Task Manager. It then thinks for 1-2mins and eventually gives a 'cannot connect to gaming server' type message. There are no technical issues at the poker companies end as my friend has been able to login from his machine...

I have around a 4meg broadband connection and it goes through a wireless router.

Any help would much appreciated

All the best,
jmg123

Advertisements