Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Close out a topic....how? + Live Chat error

• Please log in to reply

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
How does one close out a completed topic or is that a staff function only?

Also, instead of posting this topic I tried to use Live Chat and got the following error:

Unable to connect : java.net.UnknownHostException : irc.wyldryde.org

Advertisements

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Click start > run type cmd hit enter type nslookup irc.wyldryde.org in the new window what does it reply?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I asked therock247uk to answer your chat question, because he's our chat expert. :whistling:

A staff member needs to close out a topic - regular members can't do that.

therock247uk

therock247uk

Expert

• Expert
  • 14,672 posts
  • MVP
Also what java version are you using and can you clear out the cache and try again?

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Please close out in Windows XP my topic "Download Service pack 3 failed, Error message received" Thx

Also, cleared temp files (delete cookies, delete files) and the "Chat" error is still there. SunJava version 1.4 ?

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
We only close threads that are completed in the malware forum. We try to never close threads in other areas of the board, unless they are closed due to offensive content, spam, etc.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
You need to update your Java:

Please go to THIS page, and click on the Download link that is in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 section.

Click the radio button next to Accept License Agreement after reviewing it. The page will refresh - this is normal.

Download the Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language. You will want to save this to a location you will remember.

Once it has finished downloading, double click it, and follow the prompts to install.

If it asks to reboot, select Yes.

-Ryan

Don Stewart

Don Stewart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Kat .....didn't know that non-malware forum are not closed, but that makes sense.

Ryan....turns out that my home PC gets into Chat no problem, it's my work laptop that I'm getting the error and I'm limited to what I can download on it. So if I want to Chat, I'll remember to do so on my home PC.

Thx to both of you for your help.....you guys are great!

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Ah, that is another story since it is a work computer.

Even if you do update the java, you still may not be able to connect while inside the office if your business has port 6667 blocked, as many do.

-Ryan