Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MP3 Player not recognized

• Please log in to reply

srijan007

srijan007

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi all.
I've been a proud owner of an iriver h10 for two years, and have the ums (non-us) version.

In my old Pc it was perfectly recognized.

Trouble is, i assembled a new core 2 duo machine, and it simply refuses to acknowledge that i have connected something to it. I plug in the h10 (installed full drivers, iriverplus 2) at the BACK usb ports, the player, powred ,on says usb connected, but it doesnt show up anywhere on my pc. The players ok, its just like i wake up to find it not working with my new comp. Tried add hardware and all...to no use

Works fine on all other comps and old PC, not on new one. All other USB devices work fine.

Anyone knows whats happening and what to do?? HELP!!!

Edited by srijan007, 28 June 2007 - 01:02 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Do other USB devices work properly? If not, it could be a faulty motherboard...

srijan007

srijan007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

All other USB devices work fine.

I just said that!

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Ooh sorry, silly mistake... :whistling:

Is iriverplus2 the program that needs to be on windows for this device to work? If so, it may be corrupted and need a reinstall. You could try completely uninstalling the program and driver, clean out your registry, reboot, and then reinstall. See if that makes any difference.

I have a Nokia mobile phone that can sync with my computer, and the number of times it just decides not to connect until I clean and reinstall as above is extremely frustrating...

srijan007

srijan007

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
didn't help :-(

Sun Guru

Sun Guru

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Have you perhaps try formatting your iRiver's memory?

This happens when you don't eject the device properly...I got the same problem with my mobile phone and the external memory...formatting the memory did the trick.