Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop acting silly

• Please log in to reply

chicky02904

chicky02904

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
It's driving me crazy!!! I just realized how much I use the enter key. I was trying to turn in my final for a summer course and I couldn't document my time correctly because I had to write the time with out a colon. I have posted a hijackthis log three days ago about some kind of virus attack but have gotten no reply. Can some one please help me figure out if the key problem has to do with a virus problem or is my laptop getting old? Thanks for your time, if you read this please reply.

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If it has been three days and you havn't heard from a malware expert yet then post here: The Waiting Room.

Once your computer is clean, then you can return to this thread if you are still having issues.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
More than likely the keyboard is dirty or faulty. Try blowing off the keyboard with a can of compressed air. Try to blow it under the stuck keys. Just be careful that you do not knock the keys off. What brand of laptop do you have?

chicky02904

chicky02904

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for the reply........

It's a Dell, INSPERATION 5150

I don't actually have a can of air but will buy soome when I go out. I try to be very careful so nothing has spilled into the keyboard or anything. I'm actually using the on-screen keyboard to get through this message. The reason I thought it might be something more than an error in the keyboard is because my computer has also been taken over by some sort of spyware or somehting. Thanks :whistling:

chicky02904

chicky02904

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks Titan

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
If you do find a problem with your motherboard, you can get a replacement one from Dell . They are very easy to replace.