Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with a mac laptop please

• Please log in to reply

SpazCreations

SpazCreations

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Need help with a mac laptop please

okay I have this old mac which I'm on now and have no idea how to use it any more than the simple stuff like this typing and a few other things, it's an old iBook which I don't think they make anymore, and it's a bit slow. It does however let me go online at work which the only reason i will use it.

question 1:
how do I highlight and copy and paste, such as links here on the board etc.??

question 2:
where can I update maybe the operating system or atleast the internet browser??

question 3:
how can I make it so I can play the games in the arcade on my site which are flash, or watch streaming flv / flash videos on say youtube etc.?? seems the plugins are not here and I have no idea where to get them. and I'm sure once I get them unless they install easy I may need help with that also??

thanks ahead of time.

Edited by SpazCreations, 28 June 2007 - 12:29 PM.

Advertisements

Nick-YF19

Nick-YF19

Malware Expert

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • MVP
question 1:

If you hold down the control key, then click, it's the same as a right click. Highlight the text then control click and you'll have the copy and paste options. You can also hold down the command key (the one with the apple) and use keyboard shortcuts to do the same thing. Command X to cut, command C to copy and command V to paste. Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.

question 2:

Click on the blue apple in the top left and if you see software update, then click that. If you don't see it, then click System Preferences. From the View menu, choose Software Update. Click the Check Now button (or Update Now in earlier Mac OS X versions). There's likely to be alot, so I'd have the iBook connected to power while doing this. Keep running software update until no more updates are found.

question 3:

After running software update, go to http://www.adobe.com...ts/flashplayer/ and that should let you install flash.

SpazCreations

SpazCreations

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks will give this stuff a try