Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Delete Vista from a separate partition inside XP?

• Please log in to reply

Lonnie Lee

Lonnie Lee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys! I installed Windows Vista on a second partition that also contains my Windows XP. The drive is formatted with the NTFS fils system. I would like to remove the Vista and reinstall it on the same partition for technical reasons. I though I could just simply go into windows explorer from inside XP and delete all the Vista system files. That does not work. I believe it says they are in use or something like that. It just won't let me delete it. Well after having tried this, to no avail, I managed to get ntfsfordos and tried to delete it from there. I could not get that program to work right for me. I CAN NOT format the partition because I have TONS of very valuable data on that partition. 20 to 30 gigs worth and moving it somewhere else to format it is not an option due to lack of space.

So, the question is, how do I delete/remove/uninstall Vista from that partition with out formatting it?

Thanks

Advertisements