Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help! no signal screen and have a intergrated and video card

• Please log in to reply

glucagon

glucagon

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,i just built my first pc yesterday and i started having problems with the video output. My mobo has integrated video but i put in a Ge force 8600GTS into it,the screen would say "no signal" so i put out the video card and the video worked. Soon after i installed vista i decided to put in my 8600GTS and i started having the "no signal" again i put the card out and expected the integrated video to work,but it didn't. I tried over and over but it wouldn't work. And now i remembered i didnt install drivers for both of them(what do you expect of a 13 -year old) so what do i do???

thanks.....

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Did you buy all your parts new? What brand and wattage is your power supply? Did you remeber to connect the 6pin PCI-E connector to your graphics card? Any kind of information on your other specs would be helpful.

Your intergrated graphics should work without the drivers as well as the card. It just won't work well....

Try clearing your CMOS by removing the battery on your motherboard and putting it back in.

glucagon

glucagon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yes i bought all of my parts new
specs:
8600GTS
core2duo E4300
2gigs of drr2-800
160gb hardrive
Biostar G965 Micro 775
coolmax 450
im super sure the card works because i used it on another computer
and how long do i keep the battery out?

Edited by glucagon, 28 June 2007 - 02:29 PM.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Is there an option in the BIOS to default from onboard video to pci express?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Five seconds will be long enough. I told him to clear the CMOS for that reason cmw.

Are you able to get into the BIOS atm?

glucagon

glucagon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i did the battery thing but it still has a blank screen
also i didnt have a blank screen before until i put the graphics card in, i tried putting the driver cd in but it didnt anything
my testing right now im not using my card

Edited by glucagon, 28 June 2007 - 04:04 PM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
So as of now you are in a completly no boot situation with and without your graphics card?

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
When you cleared the CMOS by taking out the battery, your BIOS loaded the default settings which probably include the setting to use onboard video. I suggest hooking up to the onboard video booting your computer, then go into device manager and Disable the onboard video controller. Make sure you disable it, don't uninstall because Windows will just install it when you reboot. Shutdown your PC, install your Video Card, then hook the monitor up to the new card. Boot up and see if it uses the new card.

glucagon

glucagon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yes im completely in a no boot situation w/wo graphics card i mean everything worked great until this morning when i plugged in my graphics card

Edited by glucagon, 28 June 2007 - 08:08 PM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Are you able to boot without the graphics card?

Advertisements

glucagon

glucagon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
unfortunately no

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Are your fans etc. kicking on? Keep the graphics card out for now. Try booting with one stick of RAM at a time. Check all your connections and your CPU cooler carefully.

glucagon

glucagon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yes all of my fans and hardrive dvd drive etc are going on ill try booting with one stick of ram

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
If the first one doesn't work be sure to try the other.

glucagon

glucagon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yes thank you i made it work!!! :whistling: