Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Modem-Hub-Router Hub-Wireless problem

• Please log in to reply

darkS0ULslayer

darkS0ULslayer

• Pip
  • 2 posts
okay, so in my home network, i have a modem connected to a hub, which intern connects to 2 routers, one wired, one wireless router... with that, i'm having errors, trying to get both of them working... right now the wired router is working and the wireless is not. if anyone could help me it would be much appreciated... my laptop has windows vista on it... and in which my laptop get sno internet, but is connected

Edited by darkS0ULslayer, 28 June 2007 - 03:55 PM.

Advertisements

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Why do you have a hub in there between the modem and router? What Router models do you have? Does the wired router have more than one port? How about the wireless router, does it have one port or more than one?

darkS0ULslayer

darkS0ULslayer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Why do you have a hub in there between the modem and router? What Router models do you have? Does the wired router have more than one port? How about the wireless router, does it have one port or more than one?

okay answering questions in order... i was told, that it would be easier to use a hub, than try to have both routers connected to each other... wrt54g wireless... and befsr81 wired.... wired router has 8 ports, and wireless has 4....

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
Sorry for the delay in replying, have been away for a few days. Your hub is not serving any purpose at all. What you need to do is connect your modem to the WAN port on your Wired router, then connect the desktop pc to a wired router LAN port. Connect wirelessly to your wireless router: log on to the wireless router configuration page, by typing in 192.168.1.1 in Internet Explorer address bar, leave the user name blank and type admin in the password box. Then change the LAN IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.2, then find the settings for DHCP server and shut off the DHCP server. Save your settings and then close Internet Explorer. Next connect a cable from one of your ports on the wired router to a LAN port on your wireless router . Make sure you connect to a LAN port and not the WAN port. Then reboot your laptop and reconnect wirelessly. If you have any problems with this post back and I will clarify or help as you need.