Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MSN Live Messenger

• Please log in to reply

Somerville

Somerville

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
When i am on WLM it always disconnects at around 1AM is there anyway of stopping it as it gets quite annoying...

Edited by Somerville, 28 June 2007 - 06:01 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Does anything else disconnect at 1am? Does your entire internet go off at 1am? What else happens at 1am?

Somerville

Somerville

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
no its just MSN, the internet stays on... and i dont notice anything else happening..

Bella Italia

Bella Italia

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OMG! This same thing keeps happening to me.. I am always cut off at 1 AM but everything else is working fine :whistling:

breadpud

breadpud

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'm suffering the exact same problem. 1am, on the dot, my MSN disconnects. Very annoying. It's only started happened since I changed my broadband provider. Never had problems before. The company aren't interested, so I hope I can get some help here

Thanks

damiensz

damiensz

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Your all using non-static IPs right? If so... thats your problem.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

what? how would using dynamic ip's have anything to do with any of this? post something worth the time to read next time

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

I don't think so.
97% of the internet population connects using a dynamic IP address.

I would put the OP and subsequent issues down to an ISP problem though. Having said that, MSN tends to go up and down accessibility wise like a yo-yo sometimes and "unscheduled maintenance" comes around regularly like clockwork some weeks.

damiensz

damiensz

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Well actually I used to have this problem, I used AOL, tiscali, pipex, v21, Sky, BT, UkOnline and many more (all non static IPs. Once I switched to NTL (static IP) it would not happen. We also tried loading 2 computers on two different networks, one on BT and one on NTL and the BT cut off directly at 1am but the NTL did not.

Also...

what? how would using dynamic ip's have anything to do with any of this? post something worth the time to read next time

If I am right... you can apologise. If I am wrong... I will apologise for wasting time.

Edited by damiensz, 01 August 2007 - 06:12 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
....whether the fact that you happened to switch to an ISP that gave you a static ip "fixed" this issue or not...doesn't make it solid advice...are you advising that the OP switch ISPs? what if they can't do that? what if they can't afford to purchase a static ip from their current ISP? what if their current ISP doesn't offer static IPs

there's more to giving advice than just thinking of what's worked for you once...you have to think of the feasibility of implementing the fix

damiensz

damiensz

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes but when you think about it... that many ISPS, 8 different computers, 4 different routers and all I do is switch to a static IP and its fixed? What else could it be?

So personally its not just solid advice, its the only advice.