Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

amika

amika

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I currently use Outlook, and was wondering if there is freeware for Outlook Express?
I have heard it is a much smoother program.
I did do some searching and couldn't come up with anything.

Thanks for the input!
-Amika

Advertisements

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
Hi Amika. Welcome to Geeks to Go!!!

Outlook Express is part of Windows, so you should have it (unless you're using another operating system). I don't use it - I much prefer Microsoft Outlook. It really depends on what you want out of your mail client. OE does email, newsfeeds, contacts, but NOT calendar.

Are you looking for a different email client altogther? Like Thunderbird?

If you have other questions, please post back.

amika

amika

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Linda-

Thanks for the quick response. I myself prefer Express, because it takes up less ram. I'm running the Adobe suite, as well as a few other apps at the same time - so anything that uses less of my computer the better :blink:

I did look around my computer and can't find express anywhere. Also, I just checked out my Windows XP upgrade disk and my Office disk, and neither have express :whistling:

Ideas?

EDIT: I have to use an Outlook/Express package cause we're networked and all use the same mail clients.

Edited by amika, 29 June 2007 - 07:24 AM.

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,459 posts
If it's installed, it should be at C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe. If you don't see it in that folder, pop your Windows XP disk in your CD-ROM drive and go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, then click Add/Remove Windows Components at the left side of the screen. When the list of Windows components comes up, scroll to Outlook Express. Is there a check next to it? If not, check the box and click Next to install it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

EDIT: I have to use an Outlook/Express package cause we're networked and all use the same mail clients.

as a note...if you're at work and everyone is using outlook...not outlook express...this is possibly because you have an internal mail server that doesn't support express (like exchange)...if this is not the case...then ignore me

amika

amika

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Linda-
Will go grab the disk and try that now.

Monkey-
We're all using varied programs, two of us use outlook, 3 of us use express. Think that is an issue?

Will reply with results.
-Amika

amika

amika

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
It was installed already! Thanks for all the help everyone :whistling:

piper

piper

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff