Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help in need!

• Please log in to reply

ABOHMAID

ABOHMAID

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all,

I am new to Vb and programming n general, i was wandering if there is a way to reverse .exe file to its original code.

Is there a way to get back the code of a .exe VB file.

Thank you,

ABOHMAID

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
We cannot help you with decompiling source code, as there is no way to tell if you are trying to decompile a copyrighted file.

ABOHMAID

ABOHMAID

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanx Ramashtin, you were a great help....

I Think code reuse is allowed in programming, isn't it?!

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Sure, just like car stealing is allowed at auto dealerships. The auto dealerships own the cars. They don't want you using them unless you pay for them. Same thing here. The original programmer owns the code. They don't want you using the code unless you pay for it. And, of course, just like not all cars are for sale, not all code is for sale. If you want to use code that belongs to someone else, contact that person.