Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer folder options

• Please log in to reply

dodgy

dodgy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When I try to open up folders or drives in my computer, it opens up the search screen ever time.

When I right click on the folder or drive, search is the first option and then open and the third is exlpore.

how do i change this.

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
After opening Folder Options from the Control Panel, select the File Types tab. Near the top of the list that presents should be the entry: "(NONE) Folder" with a standard folder icon in front of it. Left click that once to highlight it, and then select the Advanced button at the lower right. Another dialog box will open with a short list of options: Open/Explore/Search,etc. Click the one you desire to highlight, and then press the Set Default button. OK and Apply to all open dialogs. This change usually does not require a reboot. Please post back with your results.

dodgy

dodgy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i did what you said, but no luck. when i clicked on the advanced tab folder the options were the exact same as my other pc that works fine.

I went through a few of the other file types and they were the same as well.

Edited by dodgy, 29 June 2007 - 10:57 PM.

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
Goto THIS link. I found it on microsofts website and looks like the problem your having. Just follow the instructions closely.

good luck