Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

Cruise475

Cruise475

Trusted Helper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

When I try to "track" a topic I get an error message "You are already subscribed to this topic or forum". I don't understand the message. Doesn't it mean that I wish to track a topic I've entered?

Hi There,

That means you are already tracking the topic. If you click up top where it says My Topics, you will see your current topics that you are watching.

You may have to go into your Controls to adjust how you actually get notified about the topics.

Advertisements

jimshoe52

jimshoe52

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OK, thanks...

flapper

flapper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
how do i delete netintelligence please

Ryan Carlson

Ryan Carlson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
test post!

moldman

moldman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

<b>1. What is Geeks to Go?</b>
Geeks to Go is a venue to obtain answers from other people who offer their support and expertise on a completely volunteer basis. It's a fun place where you can meet others with similar interests, or just hang out and learn something new every day. It's all about sharing -- what you know, and what you want to know. So go ahead, and post a question or reply. Meet someone new today.

<b>2. Do I need to create an account to use Geeks to Go and what do I need to sign up?</b>
If you want to create or reply to a topic, you will need to create an account. There is no charge for creating an account with Geeks to Go. Everything is free! You will need to supply a valid email address. We do not provide your personal information to third parties, and you will not get spam by providing your email address.

<b>3. How do I ask a question?</b>
It's real simple. See more details at this link: <a href="http://www.geekstogo...c-t134788.html" target="_blank">How to Create a New Topic</a><ol type='1'><li> <b>Search</b> to see if your question has already been asked, and answered.</li><li> <a href="http://www.geekstogo.../register.html" target="_blank">Register</a>, if you haven't already.</li><li> Choose an appropriate category (forum).</li><li> Click the <b>Start New Topic</b> button.</li><li> Give your topic an informative title, and type your question in the big white box.</li><li> Click the <b>Post New Topic</b> button, or <b>Preview</b> to see what your topic will look like.</li></ol><b>4. How will I know when my topic has a reply?</b>
Every member automatically has email notification enabled. When your topic gets a reply, you'll automatically get an email at the address you used when registering. Additionally, you can check your subscribed topics by clicking on <a href="http://www.geekstogo...criptions.html" target="_blank">View Topic Subscriptions</a> found within <a href="http://www.geekstogo...-controls.html" target="_blank">My Controls</a>.

<b>5. What if my topic doesn't get a reply?</b>
We have a special forum called the <a href="http://www.geekstogo...Room-f100.html" target="_blank">Waiting Room</a> (not visible to guests). If your topic is 3 days old or more, and you haven't received a reply, simply start a new thread in the Waiting Room, with a link to your topic. A staff member will reply to your original topic.

<b>6. How is Geeks to Go different from other support forums?</b>
We pride ourselves on offering a welcoming, family friendly site. If you see something inappropriate, or have ideas to improve the site, please <a href="http://www.geekstogo...o.com/contact/" target="_blank">contact us</a>. We are also a teaching site, helping others to better help you. GeekU is our malware removal school. More information can be found <a href="http://www.geekstogo...are-t4817.html" target="_blank">here</a>.

<b>7. Why is support only offered via the forums?</b><ul><li> More efficient. Instead of waiting for a specific person to respond to a request, many people have the opportunity.</li><li> Better support. We all have different strengths. Presenting a problem to everyone allows the person best able, a chance to respond.</li><li> Help others. A question posted and answered in the forums allows others with the same issue a chance to read and resolve it.</li><li> It's free. We ONLY offer free help. We do NOT offer on-site, toll-free or remote assistance. We're often confused with other 'geeks'.</li></ul><b>8. How do I become a staff member?</b>
There are primarily two ways:<ol type='1'><li> Provide consistent, quality replies. We are much more concerned with quality than quantity. If you consistently offer quality replies, you will be contacted by a moderator or admin.</li><li> Graduate from GeekU. Due to the difficulty, and possibility of causing harm, only staff members are allowed to reply to topics in the malware forum. GeekU is a training course that will provide you with the knowledge needed to answer malware topics. It's not easy, and will require a time commitment of a few weeks or months. More info <a href="http://www.geekstogo...are-t4817.html" target="_blank">here</a>.</li></ol><b>9. Where do I find Geeks to Go Terms of Use?</b>
The terms of use for Geeks to Go can be found <a href="http://www.geekstogo...oardrules.html" target="_blank">here</a>.

<b>10. I can't find an answer to my question in this FAQ. What can I do?</b>
Reply to this topic, and we'll reply or add the question to this FAQ!

moldman

moldman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just joined. How can I update my profile?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Top of the page on the right you will see a link named My Profile
Click that and then in the new window on the left you will see the different areas you can adjust. Click on the one you want to update and make sure to save your work before exit.

• Pip
  • 6 posts
How can I delete my forum account? I sent a request via PM to admin, but my account is still active.

TY

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
We don't typically delete accounts. If you choose to not use it, then it will just become inactive, but we rarely delete accounts. Is there a problem you'd like to discuss? You may feel free to PM me.

Mychael

Mychael

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Is there a way to flag a query as being solved so that anyone else with the same problem can know it was resolved and look at the solution?

Advertisements

derricks2

derricks2

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

1. What is Geeks to Go?
Geeks to Go is a venue to obtain answers from other people who offer their support and expertise on a completely volunteer basis. It's a fun place where you can meet others with similar interests, or just hang out and learn something new every day. It's all about sharing -- what you know, and what you want to know. So go ahead, and post a question or reply. Meet someone new today.

2. Do I need to create an account to use Geeks to Go and what do I need to sign up?
If you want to create or reply to a topic, you will need to create an account. There is no charge for creating an account with Geeks to Go. Everything is free! You will need to supply a valid email address. We do not provide your personal information to third parties, and you will not get spam by providing your email address.

3. How do I ask a question?
It's real simple. See more details at this link: How to Create a New Topic

• Search to see if your question has already been asked, and answered.
  • Register, if you haven't already.
  • Choose an appropriate category (forum).
  • Click the Start New Topic button.
  • Give your topic an informative title, and type your question in the big white box.
  • Click the Post New Topic button, or Preview to see what your topic will look like.
4. How will I know when my topic has a reply?
Every member automatically has email notification enabled. When your topic gets a reply, you'll automatically get an email at the address you used when registering. Additionally, you can check your subscribed topics by clicking on View Topic Subscriptions found within My Controls.

5. What if my topic doesn't get a reply?
We have a special forum called the Waiting Room (not visible to guests). If your topic is 3 days old or more, and you haven't received a reply, simply start a new thread in the Waiting Room, with a link to your topic. A staff member will reply to your original topic.

6. How is Geeks to Go different from other support forums?
We pride ourselves on offering a welcoming, family friendly site. If you see something inappropriate, or have ideas to improve the site, please contact us. We are also a teaching site, helping others to better help you. GeekU is our malware removal school. More information can be found here.

7. Why is support only offered via the forums?
  • More efficient. Instead of waiting for a specific person to respond to a request, many people have the opportunity.
  • Better support. We all have different strengths. Presenting a problem to everyone allows the person best able, a chance to respond.
  • Help others. A question posted and answered in the forums allows others with the same issue a chance to read and resolve it.
  • It's free. We ONLY offer free help. We do NOT offer on-site, toll-free or remote assistance. We're often confused with other 'geeks'.
8. How do I become a staff member?
There are primarily two ways:
  • Provide consistent, quality replies. We are much more concerned with quality than quantity. If you consistently offer quality replies, you will be contacted by a moderator or admin.
  • Graduate from GeekU. Due to the difficulty, and possibility of causing harm, only staff members are allowed to reply to topics in the malware forum. GeekU is a training course that will provide you with the knowledge needed to answer malware topics. It's not easy, and will require a time commitment of a few weeks or months. More info here.
9. Where do I find Geeks to Go Terms of Use?
The terms of use for Geeks to Go can be found here.

10. I can't find an answer to my question in this FAQ. What can I do?
Reply to this topic, and we'll reply or add the question to this FAQ!

derricks2

derricks2

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I applied to Geek U almost a month ago. Do the school still exist? How long will it be before I hear a reply?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Derricks2,

I'm sorry for the delay. Shortly after you applied, we were forced to quickly upgrade our forum software due to some malicious attacks. In the process, we lost the mods that allowed us to receive and process applications for GeekU. GeekU is still open; just the application process is missing right now. I believe your application is still available for me to look at; I will review it and get back to you with a reply.

derricks2

derricks2

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the reply. I heard about the attacks wasn't sure what was going to happen next with the program. Glad to see that it's still here.

jackie1983

jackie1983

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi, i want to delete a topic that i've started. how do i do it?