Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

Deejay100six

Deejay100six

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,

I'm a student from a malware removal school on another site and I'm here researching how to script an OTL fix. We have a copy of the tutorial in our school but I'm looking for examples of how the :reg switch is used in live log situations.

I typed :reg in the advanced search function and selected the malware removal section. As expected, it returned 1000 results but many of the topics do not contain the search term. Anyone any idea why ?

Regards, Dave.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

hi, i want to delete a topic that i've started. how do i do it?

You can't delete topics, this is standard procedure at forums. It wouldn't be much of a forum if people deleted their topics would it? If you still need help, see this special forum. If you no longer need help, just reply in the topic and we'll close it.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

I typed :reg in the advanced search function and selected the malware removal section. As expected, it returned 1000 results but many of the topics do not contain the search term. Anyone any idea why ?

Unlike most forums that use fulltext search, we use a search daemon called Sphinx. It allows much faster results, and uses fewer resources. However, it only indexes alpha-numeric characters and underscores. The colon is ignored in your search.

Deejay100six

Deejay100six

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks very much for the reply, perhaps I'll try google advanced search of the site.

Edited by Deejay100six, 25 November 2010 - 09:36 AM.

subbb

subbb

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

hi, i want to delete a topic that i've started. how do i do it?

You can't delete topics, this is standard procedure at forums. It wouldn't be much of a forum if people deleted their topics would it? If you still need help, see this special forum. If you no longer need help, just reply in the topic and we'll close it.

is it possible to have content in the topic edited? like removing names etc?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Yes, it is. We have edited out personal information for people before. If you'd like to PM me with your request, I'll take care of it.

subbb

subbb

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Yes, it is. We have edited out personal information for people before. If you'd like to PM me with your request, I'll take care of it.

Thank you for the quick response, i believe i had sent you a PM a couple of days ago, once i confirm you have received my PM, ill give you
the link to the forum post and the information to edit.

again, thank you :D

BrendaH

BrendaH

• Pip
  • 5 posts
How do I change my question, if I have put it in the wrong area? For instance, I need to change my question from the "Windows 7 or Visa" to "Windows XP"

DavePaulson

DavePaulson

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hello BrendaH welcome to Geeks to Go,
It would have top be done by a Moderator or Adminisrator, you would have to PM one. You can however edit the post indicating that you mistakingly put it in the wrong forum and that you have started a new one in the correct forum.

Dave

biren

biren

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
how do i delete a topic i posted.
i wanted to change the title, and since i couldn't change the title, i reposted the problem with a new titel.
and i wanted to delete the old post.

biren

Advertisements

SweetTech

SweetTech

Sir SpamAlot

• Retired Staff
  • 7,671 posts

how do i delete a topic i posted.
i wanted to change the title, and since i couldn't change the title, i reposted the problem with a new titel.
and i wanted to delete the old post.

biren

I went ahead and closed the first topic that you posted in the Malware removal forum.

Cheers,
ST.

biren

biren

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
got my answer... hadn't seen this same question asked b4 me ...
:)

biren

biren

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

I went ahead and closed the first topic that you posted in the Malware removal forum.

Cheers,
ST.

that was sweet, sweet tech...
:)
thanks

Edited by SweetTech, 26 April 2011 - 02:32 PM.
fixed quote tags.--ST

Rajeev24

Rajeev24

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello New to this community

Rajeev24

Rajeev24

• Pip
  • 2 posts
How to delete downloaded videos, whenever I try to delete answer is please check whether disc is full or write ptotected.