Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

Kelvin

Kelvin

• PipPipPip
  • 921 posts
Anyway, sari, don't forget - GeekU Juniors and Seniors don't have beanies. They have GeekU Junior/Senior signs below their short description.

~Kelvin

Edited by Kelvin, 08 January 2008 - 03:18 AM.

Advertisements

cjwannabputersavy

cjwannabputersavy

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
How do you request a topic to be moved from one forum to another if you have been asked to post in a different forum by a person helping you? My issue was not resolved in the original forum because it was not a system problem but ended up being a malware problem.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I've replied in your original topic. We will not move that topic; you need to start a new one in the appropriate forum.

lyles4ga

lyles4ga

• Pip
  • 5 posts
How do I remove a post that I have put on here?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You can't delete a post, but you can request a mod or admin to do it for you.

lyles4ga

lyles4ga

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Could I ask you to do this for me then. It is my post from 01/2008 that I need to have deleted titled "Need help with trojandownloader.xs." I need for all my posts related to this be removed.

Let me know if there is someone else I need to contact besides this forum for this to be done.

Thanks!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
lyles4ga,

We don't normally delete posts. If there is something you would like edited, you can ask me via PM and I will take care of it for you.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Where can I see a record of all the PM's I've sent? My Sent Items is empty so I guess it isn't there.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
ditrackster,

If you didn't save them when you sent them, you can't see them now. In the future, when you send a PM you need to make sure you check the box that says 'Save a copy in the sent items folder'. (I think that's what it says :)). Then you'll have it as a record.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
Ah...I see...I suggest we make this automatic. I'll add this to the Suggestions thread. Thanks sari :)

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
That was done recently, and a few of us complained so much it was switched back. For people who send a lot of PMs, then we need to remember to uncheck that feature if we don't want to save them all, and the mailboxes fill up quite quickly. You're limited to a certain amount, which includes sent and received.

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
OK I see.

I changed in my board settings the number of posts per topic and number of topics per forum both to 40. Don't those settings work for the View New Posts?

TheQuickBrownFox

TheQuickBrownFox

• PipPipPip
  • 714 posts
How many times do we get to change our nicks? I'm planning to change mine (for the second time) actually.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi ditrackster,

Just PM an Admin (from the red group membership) and they will either change it for you, or they won't. I don't think there's a limit, but if there is, I'm sure they'll let you know.

Cheers

Troy

Edited by troy, 20 May 2008 - 07:18 AM.

jim10011

jim10011

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
i really appreciate the help i have received on this website and was wondering how you guys are trained to solve these problems. i love to use the programs you recommend and help family and friends fix their computers, but i can't troubleshoot a hijackthis or identify a problem by looking at a scan. is there training you would recommend so i could be as knowledgeable as your technicians are so i can help people like you do? thank you! :) -jim