Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Nothing but the same old:

"piano9playa5 doesn't have a personal statement currently."

Thanks for your help guys but I guess if I ever decide that it's worth going through all the trouble to change a personal statement; I'll just PM an Admin to change it for me...

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Well, I doubt it's permissions - it doesn't work for me, either. I'll ask admin.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
At this point, it seems to be a glitch with the forum software. Admin will look into it, but since it's not critical to the forum operations, it's not a high-priority fix.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
At least I'm not pointlessly trying to change it all the time thinking that I'm pressing a wrong button or something lol... Thanks sari..

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
*Troy thinks piano9playa5 broke it... :)

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts

*Troy thinks piano9playa5 broke it... :)

Lies! All Lies!! :) How could you say that about me? :wave:

Jonathanking50

Jonathanking50

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
How do you post a link to another topic in a new "waiting room" post? I tried to click on Insert: Post Link, but it wasn't very self explanatory. Thank you.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Along the top of the Add Reply box there are a number of posting options. The one with the green + sign is the one you need. Go to your original topic and copy the link in the address bar, then go to the Waiting Room topic, click on the + sign, then paste the link in there and click ok, paste it in the next window that comes up, and click ok again.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
What can be in a username? Like can ALT Coded Symbols be used?
Example: ALT + 13 = ♪

I think you know why I'm asking... HINT: Look at my example and my current username...

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I have seen people with symbols in their names. Personally, I find them annoying if I need to address them in a post, because it's not something that's easy to type. Also, they don't show up in everything - that doesn't show the correct symbol on my phone, for example. [ ] | ; $ - those symbols can't be used, but I would recommend not using any alt coded ones.

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Okay sari... I just find piano9playa5 a little long... I created it first because I was trying to sign up at a very popular place where most user names were taken... After a while, I got annoyed trying to make a good user name everywhere I went, so I just used piano9palya5. As I plan on staying here, and I think I will make some friends, I should probably have a reasonable user name... I'll PM you (sari) when I have made up my mind, if you don't mind changing it for me...

Edited by piano9playa5, 29 December 2008 - 01:45 PM.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
That's fine - just let me know. :)

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
I like piano9playa5, it's different, but cool... Just my humble opinion. :)

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts

Thanks..
I dunno... I like all the user names here... the ones like kahdah and artellos are cool and have a nice ring to them... Others are hard to pronounce and don't really resemble words, but they look cool, and somehow their avatars seem to go with them... Using normal names is popular here too (Kat, Mike, Troy, Sari)...

If I change it, it would still have piano in it... Piano88 sounds alright... I don't think I'm changing it anytime soon...

Edited by piano9playa5, 01 January 2009 - 03:21 PM.

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Thanks..
I dunno... I like all the user names here... the ones like kahdah and artellos are cool and have a nice ring to them... Others are hard to pronounce and don't really resemble words, but they look cool, and somehow their avatars seem to go with them... Using normal names is popular here too (Kat, Mike, Troy, Sari)...

If I change it, it would still have piano in it... Piano88 sounds alright... I don't think I'm changing it anytime soon...

maybe you could just try PianoPlaya.. never know it might work... :)