Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FAQ

• Please log in to reply

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
How do you make the "reason for edit:" box? Is this a Mod/Admin feature?

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Yes, it is.

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Ok, thanks....

Edited by piano9playa5, 10 February 2009 - 03:48 PM.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
I can't figure out how to quote just a sentence. I thought you would just highlight that sentence and press quote but their whole post shows up. Can someone explain to me how this is done. I've looked around on the site for instuctions, but I haven't found any. Probably right in front of me lol.

For example, how would you just quote my first sentence of this post and not the entire thing?

"I can't figure out how to quote just a sentence."

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
You can't quote just one sentence using the quote button. What you can do, however, is quote the entire post and then delete the portion you don't want, or just copy/paste the sentence you want and put it in a quote box.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts

You can't quote just one sentence using the quote button.

What you can do, however, is quote the entire post and then delete the portion you don't want, or just copy/paste the sentence you want and put it in a quote box.

First one I deleted everything but that sentence and the second one I did the copy and paste and used that quote button. I think I got it now. I always thought there was a faster way to just quote a particular part LOL. I always new I could just delete what I didn't want there.

Thanks, I think I got it. ; )

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
I've known that highlighting something then pressing the Quote box quotes the whole post for quite sometime now.. but for some reason, I always highlight a part, press the quote box, and end up deleting parts... :)

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Oh, that makes me feel so much better :)

CompooterDummy

CompooterDummy

Troll

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
Hey guys! I know Sari said

At this point, it seems to be a glitch with the forum software. Admin will look into it, but since it's not critical to the forum operations, it's not a high-priority fix

about

When I try to edit my Personal Statement, I type what I want in and then hit save settings; it takes me back to the forum home. Then when I look at my profile I see that it still says:

"piano9playa5 doesn't have a personal statement currently."

But that was back in December and I noticed that Ferrari has a personal statement and he joined a week after all these posts. Just curious because I'm having the same problem. Is this an on-again off-again thing? I notice a few other folks with personal statements too. Not trying to beat a dead horse, here. Just wondering if we have anymore information on what's up with this one?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
It only seems to be certain people. I'm an admin and I can't change mine. The top admin is currently away, so I imagine it's still a low-priority fix.

Advertisements

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Just checking, but I imagine that if you graduate from GeekU you then also have the opportunity to become a tech staff member as well?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Tech staff works a little differently. It's by invitation - if we see someone that consistently offers sound advice, we will ask them if they'd like to go through our Tech Academy. We don't accept applications for Tech staff.

Ingwaz

Ingwaz

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
yes, that's basically what I meant i just phrased it wrong. I meant that if you graduate from GeekU you would probably have a better chance at becoming a tech staff member.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Not really - they're different skills. We have very few people who cross between the two.

wrecklesskane

wrecklesskane

• PipPip
  • 83 posts
How do I reopen a topic?